Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Wiki conversion

I have always treated Wiki and contents in Wiki with much suspicions and doubts as I have often been told by people in my professions that the information contributed to the wiki pages may not be reliable or correct.After completing the reading on Wiki this week, I think I have reassessed my position on Wiki.In actually fact, I am a now a Wiki believer and have even created my very own PBwiki for my volunteer group. It's a fantastic tool for collaboration, especially good for project management. Instead of emailing each other, the wiki becomes the central communication channels for all participants. It is very easy to create the wiki, as easy as creating this blog. In terms of maintenance and management, it is also very straight forward. I have noticed that once again, educator and librarians have been early adopters of wiki.

No comments: